December 31, 2012

101 Dalmations.

I know, that's a really lame post title.

My Grandma passed away today. New Years Eve. It's appropriate, I think. It's been a very long year, and now, at the end of the year, she finished her race. And won.

Tomorrow is a new beginning. My attitude has already shifted a bit from yesterday's gloom. I still really have no idea what the year holds. I don't have any major plans, or ways to fulfill the plans that I DO have.

I have one big commitment in May. That's all I know of right now.

I want to read a lot this year. I have so many book on my shelf that I've never read, and then my aunt gave me a big stack of books for Christmas, none of which I have read.

I love books. I want to read more. I don't really have anything to write about. I just thought that it would be right to state my Grandma's passing here.

2013 is going to be different. Now that Grandma isn't here, the whole dynamic of our home has changed. This whole year, it has been a place to take care of her. Now it's just...the place where we live. It's going to be very interesting to see what thing year brings. Like I said before, it's an empty journal. Each day is a new entry, no matter how dull it might be.

Happy New Year to you all. Thanks for following along with me this year. I've shared a lot with you guys. Writing this blog has really helped me discover myself, and I'm thankful for it. I really love the place that I'm in when it comes to my individuality. I'm so different. This year...I know that it has changed me in so many ways.

A girl that I don't know very well, but admire very much - her name is Arielle - wrote a blog post about her "Favorites from 2012." Music was a big part of her favorites, and I like the idea of it, but my year, as I think about it, was really jam-packed. I did a lot this year. It was...hoo boy.

2012 was quite literally a roller coaster ride. Quite literally.

But I wouldn't change it. I'm thankful for every tear, every laugh, every scream, every failure, every experience. I'm thankful for 2012. It was a very big year.

No comments:

Post a Comment