September 29, 2012

The struggle between soul and spirit.

I don't know how much of this post is going to even be akin to the title. However, the title is my inner turmoil concerning my life.

My mother has told me my entire life, "If you feed your Soul-Man, it will get stronger. If you feed your Spirit-Man, IT will get stronger. Which one do you want to have the most control?" Soul being the "fleshly" or "worldy" desires and tastes, the Spirit being the godly ones.

Now, I know certain people who may read this and take the term Soul-Man as a joke, and well, if you want to be that immature, then fine. I can't stop you. However, I encourage you to NOT do that, and understand the difference between soul and spirit, and understand that there is an ever constant battle between the two. Now, when I say it's an ever constant battle, that doesn't mean that it's always bad. Battle usually seen as a negative thing. However, it's only negative if the soul is the one with the most power. If the spirit has more power than the soul, then the battle is a positive, and no less serious one.

I know what my problem is. I usually do. I know the solution to my problem. I usually do. However, this is where the battle comes into place.

Currently, my soul is stronger than my spirit. I don't think my spirit is dead, I haven't denied God, but it's not strong. It's very weak, or, rather, it's very lazy. I've become very lazy concerning my Spirit-Man. I don't feed my spirit, really, at all. My Soul-Man is doing just fine.

That is problem, and the solution is simple. So simple, in fact, that I'm not even going to say what it is.

In the car today, my mom put in Jars of Clay's album Good Monsters. The first song, Work, seemed to speak to how I feel. Just in that indescribable what the songs have sometimes.

You can see the video for the song here. You can read the lyrics of the song here.

So...there. Anyway. I spent a few days with my friend Kiaya and her baby, Gideon, this week. We went to the Deerfield Fair, and watched Runaway Bride (Richard Gere, swoon) and a sweet Christmas Veggie Tales that I had never seen before. It's about Saint Nick. I'm sure mymom will love it.

My mother is making bruschetta which is reeeeally exciting.  I'm going to bake a cake for tomorrow. Hopefully it's tasty. Ehmmm..hopefully I hear back from CBD...ultimately, if I got the job or not. Hopefully I got it.

Fun Fact: I say certain words wrong on purpose, simply because it's more fun. Farfalle, for example. Far-fah-lee is the proper way, but the fun way is Farfuh-lee. If you say it out loud, you'll understand the difference.

October is coming. September didn't go by quite as fast as August, but it went by very quickly. In a few weeks, I'm going to upstate New York for a rollicking time with my girls.

OH! We bough a basil plant! We tried growing our own, but we aren't (well, I'm not..mom is better than I) very dedicated gardeners. I blame life. However, we did get a lot of tomatoes. Some were wonky, but not all of them.

Okay, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment