September 4, 2012

I'm tired.

I went to bed last night some time after 10 pm. I woke up a few minutes after midnight, and never went back to sleep. I tried listening to music, no music; turning the fan on, turning it off. I tossed and turned. I flipped around from the head of the bed to the foot of the bed. Nothing worked. I was thinking about a lot of things, but my brain wasn't so active that I was lying awake. I tried closing my eyes. I think I got close to falling asleep, but no luck. Then it was 3:45 am, and no point in trying anymore. I did try around 4:15 am, and it was still pointless. I just watched Rhett and Link videos. Then I got up at 5 and got ready to leave. I decided that I was going to get some coffee and a muffin at the Starbucks in the Loop. It opened at 5:30, and I was clearly awake for it. Stupid.

Thankfully, I have gotten to nap today. I'd like to nap some more. Maybe I'll try.

Anyway, the next two days are jam packed. Tomorrow I have an early morning of work at the gym, I need to bring dad to Middleton, and then fly over to my interview at Barnes & Noble (pray really quick right now that she offers ne a gig right then and there. "Lord, let her get the job. Amen." Just like that.)

I'm very excited about the possibility of working at B&N. I realized this morning, as I was sitting in the essentially empty coffee shop, than if I had gotten the job at SB, I would dread going there to relax. It would lose its appeal. Let's face it, it's all we got. Wicked Big is great, but it's hours are wack. So I was sitting in the comfy chair, thankful that I was relaxing and not working there.

Thursday is Tea Day! Mom and I are getting together with my cousins for tea. It's going to be super lovely. Especially for mom. I'm looking forward to it :)

So, I was writing a list today. My mom and I were talking (like always...it used to be a joke at college that most of my sentences started with "So, I was talking to my mom..." But it wasn't a joke. It was real.) We were talking about forgetting men and living my life.

Now look, this is a cycle. I always do this. This is not progress, it's expected. So...yeah.

I was writing a list of things I'd like to accomplish. None of them are new, but they're all important to me. Hopefully dreams will come true.
Huhhhhh.

I'm really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment