September 2, 2012

I feel like blogging, so sue me.

Pretty basic explanation, right there. I don't know why I feel like blogging. Maybe because I feel pretty today.
I do cheesy so well.

Maybe because the color scheme of my peach yogurt matches my sweater. Maybe because I'm a silly person who gets a sense of validation from the most insignificant actions. Maybe because I have a car, almost positively named "Bond, James Bond." (Yes, you have the say the whole thing. It'll be "Bond" for short, but the full name is "Bond, James Bond." Preferably in a manly British accent.)

Well, tonight I'm visiting a church with a couple of friends, Anna and Sam. They've both been before, and I'm pretty sure I've visited a long time ago, but not sure enough to stand by it. Anna, Sam and I. Aside from Zeke and Kiaya, they're my oldest friends that I've kept in touch with the most. Anna introduced me to Sam, back when she was taking me to youth group.  That was quite an era of my life, about the ages of 14 to 16.

A lot of things happened at that youth group. It was probably one of the first places that I had a lot of "exposure" to people that weren't your typical church folks, people from really different walks of life, with varying tastes, etc. My musical tastes were definitely shapes during that time. I was introduced to bands like Anberlin and Jars of Clay. It was during that period of my life that I, and my parents not long after, warmed up to the idea of "Christian rock", like Skillet, Switchfoot, Superchic[k], etc. It was probably my most rebellious phase, but my parents are pretty good at what they do, so I think I turned out okay in the end.

And now, Sam and I have become BFF, she and Anna are still pretty close, they've been friends their whole lives. Anna and I are still good friends too, but the growth of our friendship was kind of stunted when she moved away, I went to college, and our paths just didn't cross very much until recently. She's got two super cute kids.

So, it'll be nice to hang out with them, as the Three Musketeers (plus two). We never fail to have lots of laughs when we're together :)

This is the three of us at the Walk for Life back in June (which does NOT feel like it was three months ago.) Me, Anna, and Sam :)

Well, I guess that's all I have to say. This post pretty much wrote itself. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)




No comments:

Post a Comment