September 8, 2012

Opportunity nots.

Get it? Nots. Knocks. Only, negative. Punspunspuns.

Yeah, yeah, 'nots' isn't a word. Don't care.

I had my second interview for B&N yesterday. Suffice it to say when I got to the car, I burst into tears because I knew I wouldn't get the job.

He opened up with "Well, I have these questions to ask you, but since you've never had a job...it's kinda...well." and trailed off. He asked me what he needed to ask, all in the tone of voice that said "This is pointless because I've written off whatever answer you give me as useless because you've never had a real job."

He reminded me of the Haverhill Starbucks manager. A middle aged man who doesn't want to give young women with no "real" experience a chance to learn and succeed.

Then he ended the interview with the classic brush off, "Well, we have some other applicants to get in touch with, but we'll let you know by the end of the week."

So, I've cried a few times since, because frankly, it's just really disappointing. Whatever. I'll be over it by the time I go to bed tonight. In the end, I know that the Lord has it under control. But you know? Sometimes, in the midst of believing the promises of God, they just sound like "blah, blah, blah," in my head. It's not that I'm writing them off, they just sound too cliche right now.

On a higher note, my Grams told my dad that she is going to cover all the expenses to get the car on the road. Which is pretty incredible. I know that I seem kind of stoic about it, but I'm really not.

Anyway. I'm still going to give B&N the chance to actually get back to me by the end of the week. In the meantime, I just plan on reading, working out, and trying to establish some habits that I've been wanting to cement into my life. Mostly for health purposes, like jogging and doing Pilates on day that I don't go to the gym, and not not eating late. Drinking more tea and water.

I'm just trying to be an adult, okay? C'mon, guys. Guys, really, guys. <-- I watch WAY too much wheezywaiter. Way too much.

Well, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment