August 29, 2012

Proof that there is a God, #50684673

Look, folks. I know not everyone believes in God. I know that some people require big miracles to even come close as proof of there being a God. I understand. You have that right. But let me tell you, man. There is a GOD. From the big to the small, from the intricate to the simple, He is REAL and He has every single thing under control. He will guide you in the absolute perfect way if you just say, "Okay," and trust Him. Blind trust is hard. It's harder when you haven't been able to trust anyone, ever. But I know that I know, without any shadow of a doubt that God is real, and His love for us is perfect, and His attention to the details of our lives is focused. He is a personal God, who will laugh with you, cry with you, correct you, listen to you, talk to you....He is there, and He's not a joke. He's not mean, He doesn't play games with our emotions. He takes us seriously, even when we're being ridiculous. Why? Because He CARES. He cares about EVERYTHING that you care about! He wants the absolute BEST for you. He wants nothing less than perfect for you. No, life isn't easy, and people hurt us, and sometimes those wounds go deep. Deeper than we would ever dare take anyone. But God knows, already. He saw it. And He cried when you cried. He was filled with vengeance when people were unjust against you. He smiled when you smiled. There is no where that He isn't nearby. He is always waiting for you. As long as you breathe air, there is the chance to follow Him and become His child. He never stops calling out to you. 

HE CARES. More than the person who loves you the most on this earth. And that person might love you a LOT. But He loves you more. And his love isn't flawed. It's true, forever. He doesn't turn anyone away, ever. No matter what you've done that haunts you; that you know is wrong, but continue with anyway. He is always ready to say, "Welcome. I'm so glad you came." And He helps us. Things take time. Becoming like Christ is not an instantaneous thing. As long as you just say, "Okay, Lord. I don't know much, but I know I want to follow you, and become like Jesus," HE will do the work in you.

Philippians 1:6, He will finish the good work that He started until the day of Jesus Christ. You just have to be willing to let Him start.

And no. I had no idea that this would turn into me preaching a salvation blog post. I just wanted to tell you that the Lord worked out our second car situation. We have a second car coming. For free. It has issues, but someone has said they're going to help pay for them. I applied for another job today, at Barnes & Noble. Turns out the manager is talking to the hiring manager tomorrow, and she told me to call tomorrow afternoon, if the hiring manager doesn't happen to call me first. 

I TOLD YOU GUYS that I was expecting a car to show up in front of our house. AND IT IS. HA! I told you so! "Oh, no, that's crazy. Blah blah, don't get your hopes up, blah blah." NO. It is happening, so THERE. Is it crazy to believe in love at first sight? NO. It's not. Because God is all about doing impossible things! Because HE CAN. He can do impossible things because He is GOD for crying out the freaking night!

And yeah, I know. A car. Big deal. Um, yes, actually. Would you believe me if I told you that things are coming together EXACTLY the way I saw in my head months ago? That my babysitting job, acar, another job...they would all start falling together around the same time. AND THEY ARE.

SO THERE. Because Jesus loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment