April 25, 2013

Thankful

I'm thankful for my friends.

I've had a weird emotional breakdown this week, concerning an event from February. I ended up talking for a while with my dear friend Kiaya about it. I've known Kiaya since about 8th grade, though I don't think we became friends until about maybe 10th grade. We connected through a mutual friend, she married the brother of the friend, and the rest is history.

So, I've known her for a long time. Almost ten years!

This is us Senior Year. Ah, Senior Year.

She is one of my favorite people. One of my best friends in life. It's one of those open, non-judgmental, completely honest relationships that...I don't think has ever had any drama. Kindred Spirits, no doubt. 

So, I talked to her today about my problem. She was honest, and kind, and the Lord used her to speak to me.  I mean, what she said struck me so deeply that all I could do was cry.

It started with her telling me that I should pray about it. Which is obvious, but you know what? I wasn't doing that. It ended with her saying this: 

"But what I'm saying is sometimes these romantic things make it hard for us to hear. Lust of the flesh and what not."

And there it was. I'm not even sure exactly what it was the struck me so deeply but it did. And it put me in my place.

And I'm thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment