April 10, 2013

Maybe I'm just idealistic, buuuuuut...

I am completely willing to own that my mind could be in the midst of rainbows and butterflies when it comes to loving my job. But I sincerely love it from the bottom of my heart. Even when DTO is a beast, and in my head, all I want my manager to say is "move on to something else, you're terrible at this," I don't want to give up. I have been waiting for, and applying to this job for a long time. I am willing to work as hard as I need to to be great.

I hope that I never come to a point where I dread coming to work. I don't see that happening soon. Obviously there's bad days, but I know that. In general, thought, I don't want to hate my job, and do it just because it's an income.

Also, I think it's safe to say that I think my co-workers are fantastic. Encouraging, funny, normal...I love having co-workers. It's literally one of the reason I wanted a job so badly. They're so great. I'm thankful for them.

GUYS, EVERYTHING IS JUST GREAT. That's the simplest way to say everything that I can't find words for to express my happiness. Everything is amazing, and it's as awesome as I thought it would be, and that's all.

Moving on from the greatness of the work where I get burned by milk, and smell like coffee, and get splattered by coffee, and my hands get sticky with syrup...I'm starting a different kind of work tomorrow.

We heard about this farm that gives volunteers a share of the harvest. I think the Farmer said I'll be doing planting tomorrow. This is going to be so fun! I'll learn how to garden, and do a new kind of physical labor, and get tan (holla.) AND the moral of the story is we get a share of everything. Fruit, vegetables, flowers, herbs, eggs. Awesome!

Well, sorry for being so sunshine-y with my Starbucks love, if you're hating your life right now. I know that when I hate my life, people who are so happy annoy the heck out of me, so I apologize, but I can't help it. I know how those happy people feel, now.

Life will get better, if you're life is terrible :) Patience, and courage to trust God pay off at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment