April 2, 2013

Shots, pumps, and foam, oh my!

The biggest accomplishment (if it was accomplished, anyway) I think is memorizing how many shots of espresso, and pumps of syrup go into the different drink sizes. Also steaming milk. After that, the espresso based drinks are probably a breeze. Teas and frappuccinos are pretty easy, though.

Today was day two of training, and it was really great. Had fun, and I'm not as nervous about forgetting things because I feel really relaxed in the environment. If I was uptight and insecure, I'd be forgetting everything the instant I learned it. Obviously I don't have everything down yet, but I'm comfortable.

Tomorrow I go in at 1 pm, which is nice. NEXT WEEK, though - I have an opening and closing shift. I'm really excited about that. It's funny, being completely okay (and excited) about waking up at 3:45 in the morning to get to work by 5. I told my mom that I think it's similar to my Mt. Zion experience: I was okay with wearing skirts every day because I knew that I was supposed to be at the school, and I was excited about going. Same thing here. I know that I belong in that store, man. It's like, everything is foreign, but in a really exciting way. I'm beyond excited about this job, so if I have to be up at the crack of dawn, I'll gladly do so.

Left this evening on a high note - both T and I made ourselves a drink before we left. I made a hazelnut macchiato, because of the lattes, cappuccinos, and macchiatos, the latter are the trickiest. I had tried a caramel one earlier today, and it didn't turn out quite right, so I wanted to try again, and V (she was training us) said it was perfect. It was also *Jim Gaffigan voice* delicious. Seriously, hazelnut over caramel any day. But that's just a personal preference.

I also got to make a couple customer drinks, and they didn't complain so...hopefully they turned out okay :)

Well, another day - happy, content, and blessed. So excited about what the Lord has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment