February 8, 2013

Snowing and such.

It's nice to have a blizzard. I know it's not nice for some people, but I'm not them, so..anyway. We haven't had a snow like this in a long time, so it's nice.

It's nice to have no choice but to lay in bed and read. It's nice to have a cold, and not feel guilty about it.

And it's only Friday! Tomorrow will be just as laid back, and I'm looking forward to it.

Sure, it'll mess with my internal clock, come Monday, but eh. C'est la vie.

I was just thinking about something. I was thinking about my lovely lady, Anna. Love her, she is one of my best of friends. She's been in Colorado for almost a year, and it has been quite the year for her (not to brag, but I told her so. I think deep down she agreed with me all along when I told her that she would meet someone out there, and live happily ever after.)

It's true. She's dating a great guy, and I'm exceedingly happy for her. Anyway, I was thinking about her and David, and then as expected, my thoughts wandered to myself, and my love life, or lack thereof (harharharhar) and I was trying to imagine (because that's what I do) my falling love experience.

I don't want to date. It's a commitment I made when I was about eleven. I'm sure I've talked about this before, but anyway, I was thinking about the fact that I don't date makes, you would think, falling in love hard to do. I realized, I'm basically going to have to have an experience similar to my mom and dad. Meet someone, have such a strong connection to each other and be so compatible that we spend any waking moment together, which is basically dating, but not officially be dating, and then realize that we're in love, and then get engaged. Whether people expect it or not.

My mom will forever deny that she and my dad dated. But let's be real, that's ultimately what it was, mom. It's okay. I'll probably be the same way, should I be put in a similar situation.

I'm kind of at the point where I don't think I'm marrying anyone that I currently know, and I'm really in a nice place of contentment, so no need to dish out the encouragement this time :) I'm doin' just fine this time around...almost borderline arrogant, which isn't necessarily a good thing....*exaggerated shrug*

So, I don't want to date, but for me to be oblivious to what is clearly pretty much dating, the Lord is going to REALLY catch me by surprise, which I know He is 100000% capable of doing, and I'm counting on it. I am expecting the unexpected from God, which makes me really observant and oblivious at the same time.

WOOHOO CONTRADICTIONS.

Anyway, it's nice to be living life. I thought just today, that I'm so thankful to have reached a place of self-confidence that says whoever falls in love with me WILL love me no matter what I'm like. What I look like, how I act..We're all a work in progress, and we meet people at the right time. I'm allowing the Lord to change me into a godly woman, I'm working on making myself a capable woman, and by the time I meet whoever I'm supposed to marry, I'll be just fine.

It's moments like this when I'm so happy that this is my blog, and I can talk about whatever I want.

I'm waiting for Anna to tell me that I'm really going to Colorado. I'm really quite incredulous at this point. She's terrible at texting back.

Thanks for reading, if you read this. I'm going to go back into the world of Pinterest and waste a little more time before I get my head back into Jurassic Park. My friend Zack told me to read the book, and without mentioning anything, my mom brought it to me from..somewhere. I started it several months ago, and it was good then, but I was inbetween three books at the time, and got distracted. Now, I'm more than half-way through and it is SO MUCH BETTER than the movie. I LOVE the movie. I think dinosaurs are totally rad, but the book is just fantastic.

It's the third book I'm into so far with my reading goal. I'd like to read all of my books by the end of the year, but with the 99% chance of moving to CO in the summer, I won't be able to bring them with me. So, my immediate goal is to read 22 books before I turn 23. THAT goal is a part of my "22 before 23" List, which is an idea I got from A Beautiful Mess. Neat blog, I'm trying to visit more often, and hopefully do some of the things they have on there.

Ohhhhhkay. Well, I suppose that's all. Thanks for bearing with me through yet another post about love and romance and my newfound self confidence.  I would say, "Hope it's not TOO boring!" but this is my blog, and I do what I want, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment