February 15, 2013

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, sayin' AYYO, gotta let go.

That song is a classic memory for me. I have a lot of fantastic memories of singing it with many different friends, at incredibly loud volumes. When I first heard it, I connected to it because of the "live life" message that it ultimately proclaims.

It's in my head right now, that's why I'm talking about not. But it's apropo, because that is, again, what I'm talking about. Living life.

Yesterday was my birthday, I'm 22 now. It doesn't feel very different, but I think that the early 20s are kind of a plateau when it comes to "feeling" older or whatever. I mean, it's weird that I'm almost 23, which means I'm almost 25 (because who ever counts 24 as mattering at all?) 25 will be interesting. It's a halfway point, and it just sounds impressive.

The day opened with not feeling happy at all (this week was stupid,) forcing myself to get into my gym clothes and go work out. I'm glad I did, because working out just feels good. I'm nice and sore. I came home from the gym, and things began to look up - Between sweet Happy Birthday posts on Facebook, unexpected flowers, Reese's hearts, cards (with money, whaaat?), Thai food, The Hobbit, and cannoli's from Boston, it was a lovely day.

Some changes in plans happened this week. I told you all that I was moving to Colorado, but a turn in events has made it look like that isn't going to happen anymore. It was more depressing when it initially happened, and it played a part in the bum start to yesterday, but that's life. I told the Lord that I wanted Him to shut the door if it wasn't His will. He's just answering my prayers. I can't really complain.

So, we'll see what happens. The year has taken a drastic turn, and I'm pretty much back to where I started - jobless, and aimless. The only difference is that I'm done with school debt, so I can pursue my education again.

Even The Hobbit encouraged me to be excited about my unknown future. (I find inspiration from anything, guys. Deal with it.)

Anyway, we'll see what happens. No one knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment