October 4, 2013

I understand.

I'm unconventional. I believe and hope for unrealistic things, and what's worse is that I sincerely believe them to come to fruition. Mostly concerning love and romance. I know it's impractical and impossible. But then this voice inside me reminds me gently that I can trust Him. Despite the confusion and good intentions of others, this is going to be worth it. It has to be. The impossible is possible because that's what God does. Impossible things. Even with practical things. I was raised to believe that God can do anything, and now that I know Him, I trust in that promise. That God can and will do anything, according to His perfect will.

This is repetitive for me. I find that the only way to continue believing for the promises of God is be repeat truth got ourself over and over and over. And then a few more times for good measure.

This is worth it. It's impossibly possible because God said so. God is not a liar. I know this. I know what I believe He has had me hold in my heart for all these years.

Oh, but it can be hard. So hard. Please be patient. Aside from the Thing, this is the longest lesson that I've ever had to learn. I do t even understand it at all at this point. God's ways are not my own. Fortunately, because He knows best. Unfortunately, for my own selfish gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment