June 24, 2013

A different determination.

Something is on my mind. It's my ability to inadvertently make things awkward. I never intend to, no one really does, but I always manage to be just weird enough that suddenly, something that was fun and enjoyable has become just awkward enough to be noticeable.

Maybe that's me reading too much into things, because I freely admit that I do do that. But I dunno. This week in particular I have too frequently regressed to my quirky immature state that I always regret at the end of the day, though it's fun in the moment. Maybe it's because I'm getting comfortable, maybe it's because different personalities bring out different parts of my personality. Maybe both. Probably both.

Either way, I would appreciate it if I had a better handle on my own personality and didn't let myself regress when I'm in the presence of certain others, and when I'm emotionally in the midst of ridiculous things. I also with I had a better handle on my imagination, which is linked to my emotions, which aren't actually a problem right now, in a negative way, but they're a hassle. They're in the way.

Thus ends my personal psychoanalysis. But the moral of the story, and the reason for my title is that I really do want to try and become more grounded as an individual. It's important to me. "Especially since I'm single and stuff."

*shrug*

Moving on to recent events. There isn't very much going on these days. Most of my days are spend at work, which I still very much enjoy. I still love my co-workers, and if anything, I have been hit with the reality of customers. Humans are awful, and serving rude people is awful. It's life, but I'm just letting you know.

Today I learned how to set up the store with the different promotional seasons. I did it with Jackie, and it went by pretty quickly. It almost filled up the eight hours we were allotted for it, but we finished about two hours early. It was a nice time. fun seeing new products, and making everything look good. I'll have to take a picture of the coffee sign I drew. I restarted it about four times. "It" being the little chalkboard sign sitting in the basket of Pike coffee beans. It says which beans they are, and how much they are, but what I decided to venture for was the draw the image of Pike's Place that's on the bag. The Siren's Eye showed the sign with the image on each of the coffee bags on the signs, and I wanted to try. It took a lot of re-do's, but I'm pretty pleased with the final result.

Some day, eventually, I suppose, I'll be doing it on my own, which is neat. It's a fun diversion from the regular day.

It is SO hot right now. It's supposed to be in the 90s all week. And it's humid. Bleeehhhhh. However, on the plus side, I just heard some thunder, so maybe it's rain. That'll be nice.

Oh! I've also been recently reminded of a band that I used to love, called The Classic Crime. I had only heard one of their albums, from years ago, but they came on my Spotify radio sometime last week, and I was like, "Hey! I still like them!" So, I'm listening to them. They're the kind of band that I'm willing to invest money in. I'm really choosy when it comes to music that I buy. Like, I'll pretty much listen to anything within a little reason these days, but I don't but a lot of stuff. It has to be stuff that I connect to.


No comments:

Post a Comment