May 22, 2013

Funny story at the end.

"...Not necessarily big, 'ha, ha, ha,' 'laugh out loud' funny, and certainly not make-fun-of-other-people funny but rather something human-funny." - Marie, from Dan in Real Life

I have a job. I have a job that I love. I'm so thankful.

Last night, I set up my banking account for a monthly transfer from checking to savings. I wrote out a check for my tithe. I bought my own car insurance. Today, I bought my transcripts from Mt. Zion, so that I can get back on the ball for school in the fall.

So thankful to the Lord for making this possible. Sure, my car is falling apart. Sure, I haven't been able to go to the gym in a month. Sure, I'm not as organized as I'd like to be. Sure, sometimes my emotions get away from me. Sure, I still live at home and am needing rides from my parents to work again...but you know what? I'm content, and my earthly ducks are in a row for now. Things are not a cyclone of confusion, you know? I mean..I dunno. I can save for a car. I can save for my wedding. I have the ability to take care of myself with financial things, and it makes me really, really, happy.

Things at work are going well, I'm still not the best in the Cafe, but I feel really comfortable on Drive Thru and Bar.

I'm going to be in a wedding this fall! Allix got engaged a few days ago! She knew her boyfriend was asking her dad on Mother's Day, and then a couple days after she got home, they got engaged!! So excited for her. She's totally wife material. It's just where her life is at, you know?

The wedding is in the Fall, and I'm in it. Because Allix and I are biffs. With weddings come fitness, and before fitness comes a girl who has literally not been to the gym or done any major physical activity for a month. Not having a reliable car makes it difficult.

Making lame eating choices also stunts my success. But, such is my story. You've heard it all before.

Either way, I'm on the road again, to success. At least I'm not insecure anymore.

So, funny story. You remember my unrequited love story, right? Maybe you were a part of it, depending on who reads this. 

And there was an underlying reason as to why I continued to unrequitedly love. I didn't fully believe my own belief that God could cross my path with any Christian man out of the blue. I believed it, but I believed that it had to be someone from church, or small group or something. A place where I could be confident that the men were saved.

Obviously, this had led to disappointment, because though I know some godly, single men, I am clearly not in a relationship with any of them.

So I went to Canada. Freaked out, chilled out, had a great time. Came home and declared all sorts of "faith-filled" things about a person who really is...well, great as a casual friend, where his faults don't matter, but as a partner...it's just simply a bad idea. Logically. Realistically. For me. It's okay...I think that logic and reason, and God, have won out in this thing. But my parents were on board, and we all prayed together, and it was nice.

And fast forward to the next day. The day of a Donation for work, at the community center. It was Senior Day, and Em and I were serving coffee to Seniors. Well, made coffee and brought t over with cups, milk, cream and sugar. And we smiled, and looked pretty. 

And what would happen? Now, don't take the rest of this too seriously. I'm not claiming any big future things, but it's a lesson learned. I met someone. We didn't even officially introduce ourselves to each other, but we met, and we hit it off fine, and it turns out this guy went to high school with a bunch of people that I work with. And after some Facebook stalking, he knows people that I went to youth group with, back when I was about 14.

See where I'm going with this? Aside from this proof of how tiny our planet it, this guy is a Christian. It's fairly clear from stalking his Facebook. Who would have thought? Not I. But it happened. In an unexpected place, I met and got along with a guy who turned out to be a Christian.

Out of the blue. God is able to do things like this. And deep down, I believed it, but I didn't really. Because I'm human, and I desire proof, just like anyone.

So...I don't expect to see this guy ever again, although he works two buildings away, and I know his work schedule (he offered the information. but then failed to get my number. Or name. So...I dunno.)

He also said he's not a big coffee guy. Which is an issue. Maybe he likes tea.

Anyway, I don't expect to see him again. Maybe he'll come into the store one day. We'll see. But until then, I have a renewed faith that the Lord can do quite literally anything. Even cross my paths with a Christian man in an unexpected place.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment