June 15, 2012

Unexpected. That's how God rolls.

I'm a Christian. I believe in God, and I try to honor and obey Him every day. I believe He has a plan for our lives and if we desire to live out that plan, we will. God has perfect timing for everything that happens in our life, and He is 100% worthy of our trust.

Now, if you grow up as a believer, you say all this stuff out of subconcious duty. However, at some point, if we let Him, God will make Himself real to us in undeniable ways. Sometimes it's a big, incredible thing like showing Himself in a dream, or raising someone from the dead - things that have no explanation aside from God. Other times it's in little everyday things - things that are easily written off as coincidence or good luck.

Now, I'm not looking for a theological argument - I've had enough of those over the internet to know that....well, it just ends up being a waste of time for everyone. Especially when people are just trying to pick a fight or force their beliefs on others (I literally know this from a lot of experience.) So, I'm not trying to do that. I'm just typing what's on my heart, like I do every time.

If you've read my blog at all, you'll know it's been a long year and I don't need to overkill this fact.

In this midst of this long year, I've put myself in situations that I wanted to get out of, and I've found myself in situations that I had no idea what the heck to do, and I've found myself in situations simply out of my control.

I put these things in plural form, but really it's one thing in each category. Anyhow.

First off, my insurance. I grew up and got taken off of my parents plan and had to go my own way. In my procrastination, I ended up being randomly signed up with some health care that...I now think is run by beavers. I get a doctor, make appointments, etc. Love the Nurse Practitioner. She was great, the people that worked there were so nice, and it's all in Newburyport, within walking distance from a cute little downtown. What a fantastic set up! Get a check up, get a coffee. Hollaaa. And it's on the ocean, so it's just beautiful by design.

Well. A few weeks later, I get a bill in the mail. "What the?!" was my reaction. Turned out that my doctor didn't take my insurance, though the insurance said otherwise. I was totally played and had this two hundred something bill I couldn't pay! Great. Well, I continued to procrastinate. Got a packet in the mail telling me I could switch insurance plans. Cool! Procrastinate. Then, yesterday, I found myself with nothing to do and decided - okay. I'm going to do this!

Switched my plan with ease. Talked to the billing lady at my doctor's office and found out they took the new plan AND that she talked to the old plan and they wrote off my bill! yay! No bills, and I still have my great doctor's office.

Then there's my license. I have tried to get a test for a long time. Granted, I wasn't the MOST proactive about calling the DMV but I tried. Then, one morning, I happen to be up pretty early, before the DMV was even open. I asked my mom if she could call them for me (I was going to be at work). She instead goes online and checks it out. There's a test available. And it's only thirty minutes away.

Finally, I tend to find myself in situations I want to move on from, but I can't because of politics etc. It came to a point where I was like, "Can't do this much longer. Lord, PLEASE take care of this. Open a door, give the the right moment and the right words to say..........Well, He did. Completely unexpected (In fact, most of these things were unexpected..) Completely bizarre, but...it happened. And it isn't completed, I don't think, but it's settled. And I'm at peace.

I like being at peace. I say all this to say that yes, maybe if I wasn't a procrastinator and if I was a more forward person who had no feelings these things could have gone a lot fast. But I'm not. Things have to be done the right way and a lot of times I don't know what the right way is. But God does. And He works it out.

I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment