February 15, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

There are a few things that I just love. I mean, you can like all kinds of stuff, but there is that handful that puts me in the happiest mood:

1) Baby/toddler clothes. I adore looking at (and buying) children's clothing. Kids clothing is okay, but two years an under just...it's got my heart, that's all! One of my girlfriends from high school (she is wonderful for a million reasons) just had a baby boy. I'm sure he's amazing but I have yet to meet him. Until then, every time we go out to Target or something, I HAVE to go to the baby clothes section because I might just find something perfect (which I did in PA last week..) I find myself walking around the section just oohing and awwing over everything. Especially boy clothes..especially. I leave the area grinning like a fool because either everything I saw was adorable or I'm just happy that people are having babies (my cousin also had a little girl who is also amazing.) Having an excuse to buy baby clothes is wonderful.

2) Little reality checks that remind me my I've made certain decisions. Particularly in recent days concerning people. I can find myself almost falling for the mask of charm or words...then the Lord quickly allows me to see people for what they really are so that I don't let my guard down (walls are important if you use them wisely.)

3) Reese's shapes. I have come to the conclusion that Reese's Cups do not compare to the seasonal shapes. The chocolate/peanut butter ratio is just...incomparable. <3

4) Kittens - I love them!! Kitten videos, the animal adoption commercials when the kittens talk and say things like, "I just want a home"..AH! I love them. I see that commercial and I'm like, "I WILL ADOPT THEM ALL!!!" But really, kittens are wonderful. And soft. And they mew. Not meow, mew. Awwwww!

5) Baby giggles. Pretty self-explanatory.


What makes you smile? When you see something, or think of something, what is it that can just brighten your life at that moment in time?

No comments:

Post a Comment