November 11, 2012

This post is titled.

Okay, look. I think it might be official. It's hard for me to be declarative because I'm dubious of really wonderful things, however, this...I don't know how long I can stay dubious for.

I think I found a church. To attend, every week. It's an Assemblies of God church, which is surprising to me because I had, until this point, written off the AG as a bunch of weirdies who have tried too hard to become modern and got soft as a result.

That is not true for this church. It's unreal. It's unlike any other church I've been to in New England. I don't feel judged, and I don't find myself judging anyone...mainly because I don't feel judged. I feel comfortable worshiping the Lord. I raise my hands in worship, and I pray in tongues. What? I mean, freely. Like, it feels right to do it. I don't feel like I have to make myself do it so that I can convince myself I'm spiritual. It just happens.

I don't even know. The Word from the Pastor is solid, he doesn't seem to make the truth easier to swallow. He says it like it is, but with love. It's completely different. People think that watering things down is just being loving...it's not.

Like I said, I may be building them up too much because it's hardly possible for a church so great to exist, but I'm almost willing to let myself believe it.

I have walls up about church. Which is weird, because I'm a Christian. But it's not out of the ordinary, because I'm a Christian.

Anyway. I really love my church. It's only been three services, but I'm pretty sure this will last for a while. I hope so, anyway. I mean, worship isn't a show...or completely dead and lacking in the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit makes all the difference, guys. All the difference.

In other news, there isn't much to say. I love Anberlin. They're going to be in Connecticut this month. I really want to go. I invited a couple people, but no luck. I REALLY want to see them, guys. Please, someone. Anyone. Come with me, okay? They even have a song called Someone, Anyone. It's a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment