April 13, 2015

Sunshine

It has been a long, cold, grey winter. I'm currently in Arizona with my parents, visiting family. We taking a short trip to California for a couple days, tomorrow morning and finishing our trip with my Grams' memorial.

Right now, I'm sitting in the sunshine on the patio, in a rocking chair, drinking locally roasted and brewed iced coffee. Ultimate relaxation. I will not be upset if I get some color on my face and arms. The more I come out this way, the more I want to stay here...I just have no problem with the majority of my days being sunny and warm.

We'll see where I end up.

Well, I haven't blogged in a long time. I work at an independent coffee shop a couple towns away from me. My boss seems to like me, and appreciate that I can do my job, which is oddly satisfying. Thanks, Howard, for not appreciating me while I learned how to do my job well so that someone else could benefit from it.

I'm nervous about summer at the shop, because I don't have a flow with working with people anymore. And it's going to be BUSY. But it will come and go, and I'll learn. Hopefully I'll learn quickly.

I dated a guy for a little while. We met on a dating app, and he's a great guy. We haven't spoken in almost two weeks. Whatever. I can't care anymore. And I don't. I'm smart, beautiful, and ridiculous enough. Someday someone will be grown enough to notice. Until then, I'll keep wearing lipstick, and smiling pretty at anyone I find attractive. #femininecharms

My girlfriend Joanna and I are going to Europe this year. The big purchases are taken care of - tickets, accommodations. Now to keep saving up and start running again. I miss running. I see people running through the marina, and I just miss it. It's empowering.

My black keys are getting hot in the sun :P

DOING NOTHING IS SO NICE. It is really weird to not have to be responsible for anything, or have to take care of anything. BEING IN THE SUN IS SO NICE. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anyway, EUROPE. I'm going there. I'm going to London, and Paris, and Iceland. We are going to see "Much Ado About Nothing" AT THE GLOBE. We are going to tour Buckingham Palace. We are going to the Louvre. We are going to see the Eiffel Tower at night, and touch Notre Dame. WHAT IS MY LIFE.

Let's be real for a minute - if I was doing my own shop still, I would not be able to go to Europe. Yes, I'm not doing my shop. I wasn't ready. It's okay. I don't remember if I mentioned that publicly yet. You probably figured it out.

Well. I don't know what else to say. That's what's going on. No deep thoughts. Just living. Trying to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment