March 18, 2013

More chit chat about Arizona, and nonsensical things.

I like the word nonsensical. Also, nonsense. Also, off-kilter.

So, I went to Arizona one time. About a day or two before I left, I remembered that Anberlin would be playing in Arizona while I was there. Tempe, in fact. Looked up how far away it was (about 45 minutes), and it was unanimous among myself and my parents that I should definitely go see them.

So I did. And it was magical. One, getting there early enough to be in the first 40 people in line is something that will spoil you forever. I mean, you KNOW you're going to have a good spot. And I think that for the most part, I did. I wasn't around the weirdies who are like, "LOL I KNOW I'M NOT ALLOWED TO MOSH BUT I'M GONNA TRY ANYWAY LOL." It wasn't with the weird teenagers who want to be as close to the stage as possible, but want to not be in the way at the same time (I can judge them, because I used to be one of them.)

But I was off to the side a bit, next to the line of movement when bands were coming and going. It was really neat. The only downside to where I was was the draw of photographers. I respect them, but they're annoying.

Anyway. It was a fantastic show. Absolutely incredible. I wish I could see them when they come to Boston, but I'm dead broke. But I did get to see them. And it was amazing. That show convinced me to try and commit to seeing them whenever they're around. It's just worth it to experience great music live.

That was the greatest thing.

That's all. My brain has blanked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment