January 13, 2013

The past.

I just finished looking through photos from my second year in Bible college. I have the most vivid memories from that year, I think. It was a peak of grown-up immaturity for me, and clicking through all the pictures would, at times, just make me cringe with...not necessarily regret, but something similar.

I have changed so much just as a human being. The way I carry myself, the way I dress, the way I put hair product on my hair. I mean, it doesn't feel like it was three years ago that I was wearing thick-posted plastic star-shaped earrings and a tie-dye hoodie that didn't quite fit. I mean, in some ways, concerning those things, even, I haven't changed and yet I feel older. More mature, even if..not.

Who knows. All I know is that there were some pictures that I saw, I remembered precisely what I did when the picture was taken, and I would roll my eyes at myself, so far back into my head, and shudder with a gentle kind of disgust at myself.

UHG. anyway. That's what inspired me today. I write about second year a lot. A lot happened that year. It was big for me.

Went to church as a family today, which was great. We missed worship, but the sermon was just what I needed to hear. I'm so glad that I've found a church.

Well, I should sign off. I need to go get some exercise in before it's time for DOWNTON ABBEY.

OH EM GEE DOWNTON ABBEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment