July 7, 2012

Waking up and then going to sit in a coffee shop? Chyeah.

My lovely friends, Zeke and Kiaya, and their son Gideon, are off camping. I totally admire them for taking their 5-month-old baby camping. I don't think I could do it - I have enough trust issues with nature as it is, no need to bring my kids into it (I don't have kids. I'm not married. But most likely you know that already.)

Anyhow, a couple weeks ago, I was invited to A) Go camping with them or B) house sit. I've gone camping a couple times and it's not my first choice when the other option is getting to live by myself in a city with a cool downtown (I'm a sucker for cool downtowns, no lie.) SO. Since I had no major commitments to keep me from this exciting experience, I am here in Concord, sitting in Zeke and Kiaya's house. With their cat, Bramble.

I've watched some good movies, had some good coffee, and bought some fun stuff. It's a little boring since I don't know anyone here, and I haven't met any dashing strangers - probably won't at this point. I'm definitely not complaining though. The experience is not soiled by my lack of company.

It's been a fun little break. Something different, new. No profound thoughts. I am watching Rocky, though, which is a milestone.

When I first started working at the Gym, my boss made a reference to the movie Rocky and was horrified that I hasn't seen any of the films. He's asked me periodically if I've seen them yet. The closest I got to seeing them was a deal from my co-worker: Take the 5:30 am shift on Monday and he'll rent his Blu-Ray player AND flat screen TV to me.

Yeah. Okay, Dan. I said I'd do his laundry. Obviously neither happened. But then, on a whim, I searched for the movie on Netflix (it hadn't been available before) and THERE it was! I'm almost half-way in. The love story IS really sweet. Momma don't lie. And Rocky is such a good guy! A strong gentleman. The perfect "oxymoron", if you will, when it comes to men, let's be honest. AND he's Italian? C'mon. Just stop, it's not right.

I also watched a movie called "All Good Things." Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst. Based on actual events, which, I remembered, is why I wanted to watch it in the first place. It was slow and exciting at the same time (if it makes my mouth drop and cover my eyes, it's okay if it's a little slow.) Gave me a bit more respect for Kirsten Dunst, kind of how Finding Neverland gave me respect for Kate Winslet.

Mm. So, yes. I'm tired. I woke up bright and early to go to the farmer's market (bought coffee beans and peach jam), and by 2pm, I thought it was like, 4pm. My internal clock is not in sync with real time :P

See ya on the flip side.

I love movies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment